Established in 1995 Tristel develops and manufactures sterilant chemicals for the medical industry. In 2007 Tristel opened its in-house manufacturing facility close to Newmarket, Suffolk. Tristel started to grow in 2005 and they are now represented in 20 countries across Europe, Australasia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Tristel is now the most widely-used sterilant in UK hospitals and has an unblemished health and safety record.
Tristel were using two Xerox WorkCentre 7665’s to print training manuals and health and safety documents for their disinfectants and sterilants. Quality was of great importance due to the nature of the printed material. The documents were multi-page colour brochures which had a high cost to print even though there were only small amounts of colour on each page. In addition all internal print was put through these devices so Tristel needed reliability and the flexibility of back-up devices.
Replacing consumable products was time consuming due to the number of different consumables needed such as toner, drums, fuser and waste toner which meant it was difficult for the employees at Tristel to know what consumables fitted where in the machines. Tristel wanted to focus on their core business of delivering effective medical products, so required standardisation of printing devices and consitency of print services to avoid incoveniencing users.
- To minimise the cost of their colour printing.
- To enhance user productivity throughout the workgroup.
- To reduce the space needed to stock customer replaceable units for the multifunction devices.
- To minimise waste from production processes including printing to meet environmental sustainability commitments.
Tristel installed three Xerox ColorQube 9201’s with finishing capabilities to include stapling, 4-hole punch and booklet making. These finishing capabilities eased the process of producing customised booklets which use different content for their varying products and customers. The ColorQube made producing the booklets quick and cost-effective using on-demand processes to reduce turnaround time and eliminate waste.
In addition one Xerox ColorQube 9203 was installed to produce their internal documents. The Xerox ColorQube’s use the unique 3-tier billing which has helped to reduce the cost of their colour printing as the majority of pages fell in low to mid colour coverage.
- A cost saving of £5812 per annum on one print job alone.
- 50% decrease in the average cost per page due to the 3-tier billing option.
- A quick and easy process to replace conusmables with less items required, plus the capability to fill the device with ink sticks lasting Tristel up to 50,000 pages.
- More free space with only ColorQube ink sticks to store, Tristel have moved from a whole room dedicated to storing customer replaceable units to just one drawer.
- Reduction in consumable waste by moving from laser devices to the Xerox ColorQube’s.